Welcome to my website, where you’ll find words and images about food, gardening, and photography. I have fun with many other topics, and share them from time to time—for example, a little bit of Leslieville history, updates on my gardens, and what some of the other Pat Andersons are up to.
I’ve created a separate site for commercial photography over at PatAndersonPhotography.ca. Visit me there to browse through my portfolio of images.
My photos are for sale, either as prints on canvas or on manufactured goods.
I’ve recently completed the Food and Product Photography and Business of Photography courses at George Brown College, and am offering introductory pricing for commercial products. Contact me.
My eBook on the Toronto Nurseries, Pioneer Gardening in Toronto: the trees, plants and Lore of George Leslie, is now available.
About Pat Anderson
I am a communicator:
Through pictures and words, I get your message across.
- 30 years writing, editing, illustrating and indexing.
- 20 years photographing and digital editing.
- 15 years managing people and processes.
- I have an Honours BA in English, and honed my critical writing skills through teaching assistantships in Essay Writing and graduate-level coursework in English literature and linguistics.
- 25 years of progressive positions in start-ups and matrixed large corporations means I can work with your team.
I offer expertise and focus on the following areas:
- Urban nature
- Gardening in urban spaces
- Field-to-table food, locavorism, dining in Toronto
- Software publications (using XML editors, Framemaker, Webworks Publisher, Word, InDesign, Acrobat, Doc-o-matic, or Comic Life 2)
I am now available for consultation and contracts. Contact me.