I’m starting it! I make some chicken stock before getting into the potatoes and wild leeks.
On the stove I have a big pot with
- 3 onions, quartered;
- 3 stalks of celery, chunked;
- 6 (very small) cloves of garlic, smashed;
- 1 kg of chicken backs from Rowe Farms (was only able to get those today: their stall at the north St. Lawrence Market was out of them on Saturday).
- 2 big pinches of kosher salt;
- A flat palm’s worth of basil
- Same of savoury.
So after that simmers for a few hours I’ll have chicken stock.
Then I’ll start making the soup.
No, it’s not for dinner tonight 😀